25th September 2020 Current Affairs
National webinar on Nutrition Science and Advancements organized by AYUSH Ministry
Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy under AYUSH Ministry organised a Webinar Nutrition Science and Advancements named POSHAN AAHAR. This is a part of the “AYUSH for Immunity” campaign.
- The webinar was attended by Experts, researchers, Clinical Nutritionists, Surgeons and Yoga& Naturopathy physicians.
About Ministry of AYUSH:
- Union Minister: Shripad Naik
- Headquarters: New Delhi
GoI increases limit to use of State Disaster Relief Funds to 50 per cent to tackle COVID situation
PM Modi has increased that the limit for using the State Disaster Response Fund by states from 35 per cent to 50 per cent to fight COVID19 situation. PM Modi conducted the online meeting with chief ministers of Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Delhi.
- On that PM informed about that the State Disaster Response Fund is being increased from the current 35 percent to 50 percent to help states for strengthening their financial crisis.
Webinar on Defence Industry Global Outreach for Collaborative Partnership held between India and Israel
A webinar was conducted between India and Israel. The Webinar was organised by under the aegis of Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence through SIDM.
- The Theme of webinar was “Indian Defence Industry Global Outreach for Collaborative Partnership: Webinar and Expo”
- This is the first webinar which is organized with friendly foreign country in order to boost defence exports and achieve defence export target of $5 billion in the next five years.
United Nations and Britain will host the Global climate summit 2020 on December 12, 2020 and also this is fifth anniversary of the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement.
- The Summit will invite all National governments to present more ambitious and high-quality climate plans.
- The summit will increase the strength of the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP 26) to be held in Glasgow, Scotland in November 2021.
- Secretary general: Antonio Guterres
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Capital: London
- Prime minister: Boris Johnson
The head of the Nobel Foundation informed that this year Nobel Prize awarded will get an extra USD 1 Million. So that, the prize money is increased to 10 million crowns in this year.
- This decision of increasing prize money has been reached after the foundation found itself in a stable condition with respect to costs and capital.
- The prize amount has varied time to time, starting at 150,000 crowns and reaching 1 million crowns in 1981. The value rose in the 1980s and 1990s, and then rise to 9 million crowns in 2000 and 10 million a year later.
ECI to conduct Bihar assembly elections in three phases from October 28
As per Election Commission of India Bihar assembly elections will be conducted in three phases from October 28 and the votes will be counted on November 10.
- The year Bihar Assembly Elections 2020 will be conducted in three phases – on October 28, November 3 and November 7.
- Bihar’s 243-member Assembly is set to expire on October 29, 2020.
- Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
Kerala Tourism’s “Human by Nature” campaign won the prestigious PATA Grand Award 2020. The campaign got this award for Marketing, giving a boost to the state’s tourism industry, which has been affected by coronavirus pandemic. This award event was held online.
- The campaign has helped in achieving Kerala’s record growth rate of 17.2 per cent in 2019 which stands to be the highest growth rate in tourism arrivals in 24 years.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammed Khan
Rajasthan Chief Minister approves ‘Moksha Kalash Yojana-2020’
Chief Minister of Rajasthan Shri Ashok Gehlot has given approval to Moksha Kalash Yojana-2020. This Yojana is under Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation’s scheme.
- This Yojana facilitates free bus travel to Haridwar for two members of a family during the COVID lockdown for immersion of ashes in Ganga there.
- The scheme is open for all, except the income taxpayers and government employees.
- Chief Minister: Ashok Gehlot
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Capital: Jaipur
The State Government of Uttar Pradesh has initiated a unified portal named ‘U-Rise’. This portal is launched by the State CM Yogi Adityanath in the capital city, Lucknow. The main aim for launching this portal is to guide students in learning, career counselling, and getting employment in the state.
- Through this portal around 20 lakh students will get vocational and technical education.
- The e-content, e-library, and online courses available on this portal will be accessible by students even in the most interior areas of the state.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Chief Minister: Yogi Aditya Nath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Capital: Lucknow
Union Ministers for AYUSH, Shripad Yesso Naik and MoS for Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region Dr. Jitendra Singh will inaugurate 21 AYUSH Health & Wellness Centres in Jammu and Kashmir. The inauguration event will be held through online due to COVID19 pandemic.
- The Two Union Ministers will jointly launch the Post-Harvest Management Centre for Medicinal Plants at Bhaderwah as well as 21 AYUSH Health & Wellness Centres in J&K
About Jammu & Kashmir:
- Lieutenant governor: Manoj Sinha
- Capitals: Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (Summer)
Summits & Conference
PM of India Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Vaishwik Bharatiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV). The Summit is scheduled to be conducted on 2nd of October this year. The Summit will be held through online due to COVID19 restrictions.
- It aims to bring out the comprehensive roadmap to leverage the expertise and knowledge of global Indian researcher for solving emerging challenges.
About Ministry of Science and Technology:
- Union Minister: Harsh Vardhan
- Constituency: Chandni Chowk, New Delhi
Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate RAISE (Responsible AI for Social Empowerment) Summit 2020 on October 05. The Summit will be held from October 5 to 9, 2020. This Summit will be organised by The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and think tank of GoI, NITI Aayog.
- The RAISE 2020 Summit will also feature some of the most exciting startups working in Artificial Intelligence-related fields.
About Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology:
- Union Minister: Ravi Shankar Prasad
Science & Technology
IISc and Wipro GE Healthcare join to launch a Healthcare Innovation Lab
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and Wipro GE Healthcare announced the inauguration of an advanced centre for innovation and research at the IISc campus in Bangalore- ‘WIPRO GE Healthcare – Computational and Data Sciences Collaborative Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence in Medical and Healthcare Imaging’.
- The main aim of this collaboration is to to provide highly sophisticated diagnostic and medical image-reconstruction techniques and protocols for faster and better imaging.
About Indian Institute of Science:
- Director: Govindan Rangarajan
India has successfully test fired the surface-to-surface Prithvi-II missile as part of a user trial by the Army from the Chandipur Integrated Test Range, Odisha.
- This Prithvi II Missile has a strike range of 350 km. Earlier Prithvi II was test fired on February 21st this year.
- The launch operations were performed by strategic Force Command of Army and scientists of DRDO
Prithvi Missile Versions:
- Prithvi I (SS-150) – Army version
- Prithvi II (SS-250) – Air Force version
- Prithvi III (SS-350) – Naval version
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
Former Australian cricket player Dean Jones passes away
Dean Jones who is a former Australia batsman Dean Jones passed away in Mumbai due to cardiac arrest. The 59 year old Dean Mervyn Jones was part of the 1987 World Cup winning team.
- He had played 52 Tests and 164 ODIs for Australia.
- He is one of the notable great amsbassadors of the game associating himself with Cricket development across South Asia.
Playback singer SP Balasubrahmanyam passes away
Popular playback singer SP Balasubrahmanyam, who was fighting COVID-19 for over a month, passed away. SPB had earlier worked as a singer, actor, music director, dubbing artist and film producer in several languages. He was a multi-talented person.
- Throughout his career that spanned for over five decades, SPB had recorded more than 40,000 songs in several languages.
Every Year World Pharmacist Day is observed on September 25. The day established on 2009. This day celebrated every year to create awareness about the role of a pharmacist in improving health. This Day is suggested by The International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP).
- The Theme for World Pharmacist Day 2020 is “Transforming global health”.
- To promote pharmacists commitment to organise activities that promote and advocate for the role of the pharmacist in improving health in all parts of the world.
About The International Pharmaceutical Federation:
- Headquarters: The Hague, Netherlands
- Founded: 25 September 1912
In India September 25 observed as Antyodaya Diwas across the country to mark the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Who is a historian, philosopher and political activist. In this day government organises programmes like blood donation camps and seminars to mark this occasion.
- To celebrate this occasion Rural Development Ministry renewed the existing skill development program named Aajeevika Skills as Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY).